Please follow these steps to submit your camera ready paper:
- Prepare your camera ready version, following the guidelines below.
- Use EDAS to fill out the electronic copyright form for publication of your paper in IEEE Xplore. The copyright form can be added to your paper by logging into EDAS, opening the paper details page, and selecting the plus symbol next to “Copyright form.”
- Use PDF eXpress to check whether your paper is IEEE Xplore compliant (see instructions)
- Upload the camera ready paper you obtained from PDF eXpress using EDAS. The upload link can be found next to “Final manuscript” on the paper details page in EDAS.
Please Note: To be published in the MedComNet 2021 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore:
- At least one author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full rate (member or non-member) and cannot receive the student discount. Click here to visit the registration page.
- Please follow the presentation instructions (recording tips here).
Accepted and presented papers will be published in the online MedComNet 2021 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Camera ready guidelines
All final paper submissions should be written in English and must be formatted in standard IEEE 2-column format. Full papers are limited in length to eight (8) printed pages (10-point font) including figures, tables, and references. Short papers are limited to four (4) printed pages. Papers exceeding the page limits will not be accepted by EDAS. The mandatory IEEE template in Microsoft Word and LaTeX format can be found at the IEEE templates page.
When preparing your final camera ready version, please carefully read the following checklist:
- Study the reviews and incorporate the recommended changes into the camera-ready version of your paper. Moreover, make sure you fix typos and grammar mistakes.
- Check that data in EDAS matches exactly that in the paper (title, list of authors, abstract), as this information will go in the final proceedings and will be used for indexing.
- The text in your PDF must be searchable, meaning that you should be able to copy-paste the text from any PDF viewer.
- All your fonts must be embedded (see below).
- Your document must have no headers, no footers, and no page numbers.
- Check that your page size is A4 (8.27 x 11.69 inches / 210 mm x 297 mm). To change the paper size and to properly set the margins, please use the following LaTeX commands at the beginning of the document:
- Your paper should include no hyperlinks, neither external, nor internal.
To have an idea of how a compliant paper looks like, download this sample PDF. If your paper looks very similar to this (layout-wise) you should be fine.
Checking for embedded fonts
You need to check that all your fonts are embedded and that they are either Type 1 or True Type.
You can check that using the
pdffonts command from the Poppler library (also available for macOS via Homebrew).
pdffonts on your PDF file you should obtain something like the following
> pdffonts <yourfile.pdf> name type encoding emb sub uni object ID ------------------------------------ ----------------- ---------------- --- --- --- --------- WQIBAN+NimbusRomNo9L-Regu Type 1 Custom yes yes no 7 0 EYSSLI+CMSY10 Type 1 Builtin yes yes no 8 0 ZEQAZG+NimbusMonL-Regu Type 1 Custom yes yes no 9 0 QVCFWU+NimbusRomNo9L-MediItal Type 1 Custom yes yes no 10 0 RBZCGD+NimbusRomNo9L-Medi Type 1 Custom yes yes no 11 0 CCQHLF+CMR10 Type 1 Custom yes yes no 21 0 CCQHLF+CMR10 Type 1 Builtin yes yes no 27 0 YMSXYD+NimbusRomNo9L-ReguItal Type 1 Custom yes yes no 28 0 OUKLKE+CMEX10 Type 1 Builtin yes yes no 29 0 XYLMEX+CMMI10 Type 1 Builtin yes yes no 30 0
type column shows the font type while the
emb column indicates whether the font is embedded or not.
Alternatively you can open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader and check the “Fonts” tab under file properties.
Checking your paper with PDF eXpress
Once your paper is ready, you can prepare the version to upload on EDAS using IEEE PDF eXpress. PDF eXpress is a tool provided by IEEE that automatically checks whether the PDF meets the requirements of IEEE Xplore. To check your paper with PDF eXpress:
- Click on “Create account” to create a new account
- Enter 52149X for Conference ID, enter your email address, and choose a password
- Click on “Submit” to create the account
Once you are logged in, follow the instructions to upload your camera ready paper. PDF eXpress will check your paper and will inform you about the outcome via email. If the paper is Xplore compliant, upload the paper attached to the PDF eXpress email to EDAS as your camera ready version.