MedComNet 2021, Technically co-sponsored by IEEE, continues the tradition of the MedHocNet conference series that started in Sardinia in 2002 and was held annually in beautiful locations on the shores of the Mediterranean.
MedComNet is a forum for the presentation of new research results in the broad area of wired and wireless communication and computer networking. All aspects of the networking research area will be welcome.
Extended versions of the best papers presented at the conference will be considered, by invitation and upon additional review, for publication in the Elsevier Computer Communications Journal. The best paper in the conference will be awarded the Mario Gerla Best Paper Award.
Due to the continuing Coronavirus pandemic in the world, the organizers will consider the possibility to hold the conference online.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Wireless networks
- Cellular networks including 5G and 6G
- Vehicular networks
- Dynamic spectrum sharing
- Interference management and mitigation
- Medium access control
- MIMO-based networking
- mmWave, THz, VLC networking
- Mobile sensing and applications
- Mobility management and models
- Innovative Internet architectures
- Internet of Things and Cyber-physical systems
- Router and switch design
- Routing and multicast
- Software-defined Networking and Radio
- Optical networks
- Overlay and peer-to-peer networks
- Age of Information
- Energy efficiency in networks
- Machine Learning and AI for networks
- Edge and fog computing
- Datacenter networking
- Localization and location-based services
- Multimedia networking
- Network economics and pricing
- Network management
- Network measurement and analysis
- Network security and privacy
- Network virtualization
Please click here to read submission instructions.
Please click here to go to the EDAS submission page.
Full Papers Due: March 15, 2021 (hard)
Notification of Acceptance: April 28, 2021
Camera-ready papers due: May 19, 2021